So I know I'm way behind on my posts and updates. I seriously don't know what happened to the month of June. Well, maybe I do, but nevertheless it slipped by with minimal posting involved.
I am now 19 1/2 weeks or just over 5 months pregnant. I still see my regular OB but am now seeing a high-risk pregnancy specialist as well due to high blood pressure readings in June (gee, I wonder why). I had my July appointments with both of them this week. I saw the specialist first. After the mile-long list of medical history questions they asked I went into the sonogram room and got another look at our sweet little peanut. I'd post pictures but she/he was being stubborn and moving a lot so the few that we were able to bring home aren't very good and you can't even tell that you're looking at her/his face so I'll spare you. The sono. tech measured every little tiny thing in that little tiny body. It was seriously a crazy-long sonogram. Everything measured perfectly! The baby weighs a whopping 13oz. and is measuring a week ahead of schedule. Pretty par for the course when you compare it to my pregnancy with Joey. My blood pressure readings were great but the specialist wants to continue to follow me just to keep another set of eyes on everything and make sure everyone's growing at the same rate. She did have me run some lab work to get base-line readings on a whole laundry list of things just in case problems crop up and we need that data later. I will continue to see her monthly which is OK with me because it means I will continue to have sonograms monthly!
(And no, we did not find out if the baby is a boy or girl. It took a lot of strength since they asked me about four different times if I wanted to know. I'm not sure if I can keep that up every month!)
Compared to that appointment my regular OB appointment was short! My BP was up a little but since my numbers had been good earlier in the week she was not concerned. She did her regular check-up and then we scheduled my c-section for November 20th. And that's about it!
Thank you for your continued prayers. My biggest requests are that my blood pressure readings stay down (or go down even a little more) and that baby stays happily put until the 20th! Stay tuned...belly pictures coming as soon as I can remember to get someone to take one! :o)
Have a great day!
Friday Things #599
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment