Tuesday, July 14, 2009

July 4th

July is full of wonderful celebrations for our family. Daniel and I started dating in July, his birthday is in July, we got engaged in July (on the 4th actually...very romantic), we got married in July, we moved into our first home in July...
We love July 4th. It holds fond memories for us especially through our dating and engagement years. We spent the first five 4th of Julys together at "our" summer camp in Kerrville either working out there or invited back by some dear friends that lived there and invited us to their home to celebrate every summer. Last year was a little different. Kerrville wasn't an option for us so we opted for Sea World instead. It was fun, but not the same. This year Kerrville wasn't an option either as we were still with my family. So, we tried something new. Again. And it ended up being a nice holiday.

Daniel and I woke up early and took Joey to the local parade. I was a little nervous because of his "scared of loud noises" thing but he did great! The firetrucks and police cars didn't bother him a bit! He enjoyed waving at all of the people walking by and LOVED the old Air Force planes that kept flying over! (He has SUCH a thing for planes...) The parade was perfect. Not too long, not too short. All three of us really had a great time. We spent the afternoon relaxing after a long and stressful week and then headed out to see fireworks. We picked the best spot! It was far enough away that the boom of the fireworks wasn't loud AND we ended up being able to see firework shows from FOUR different cities from where we sat! We watched fireworks for almost an hour and a half! All in all, it was a great day!

Daddy liked the old Chevy's
Grandpa helped get this old firetruck restored!
Every parade needs Santa right!?!



1 comment:

Grateful for Grace said...

I totally miss having the big party. Count us in for next year! We'll have one even if we can't take everyone to the pool. We'll figure out something. It was just too, too weird. I didn't like it. I'm glad y'all's was good anyway. I think it's great that July 4th is sentimental to you.

hugs,
GfG