...baby shoes. We don't wear shoes
in our house. Ever. We just don't. But it's getting to the point where Joey is walking (sorta--his steps are growing
exponentially in number every day) and it's cooling off and I don't want to have him barefoot in public anymore (
EW!). As much as I adore
these StrideRites, I can't stomach (and neither can our budget) spending $42 on a pair of shoes he'll outgrow in weeks. So
StrideRites are probably out. What do I look for in baby shoes? I'd rather not get him those ugly white high-
toppy ones. What can you tell me? What should I know? Where should I shop? What brands are good? TIA!
5 comments:
cheap, cheap, cheap. Babies are not easy on there shoes, falling all the time and still rubbing there toes on things. If you want to invest in some cool non-shoes (since he's not used to them anyway) Swedish Moccasins are great, Addison lived in them. Hanna Andersson sells some and I'm sure others do as well. They are a little cheaper and much easier for babies to walk in. Hope that Helps
My doctor told me any shoes that he a lot of bend and flexibility.... the ones that are as close to barefoot feel as possible. I Kinslee wore the stride rites for the 1st 2 years and then i changed to the cheaper shoes. I always got the stride rites on sale though.
I agree with Megan. We use Hanna Andersson swedish mocs for that age: the are flexible, they protect the bottom of the foot, they allow the baby to spread his foot to achieve the balance he is working on, AND they are like having a sock on with the shoe. My biggest irritation is finding socks to put on before the shoe, but with the HA mocs, you don't have to do this. PLUS they are machine washable. You can get a solid color so they go with lots of different outfits. They even make black ones now!! Finally... but after I have all my girls, of course! These last through several kiddos, so they are a good investment for Joey and future Evans babies. Everyone since The Boy has lived in them (a friend passed some on to us for The Boy and I realized how great they were).
Robeez last really, really well, but, IMHO, they require socks during the winter. The socks show, so they have to match, somewhat. With the HA mocs, if it's really cold, you can put socks on him, but they don't show, so they could each be a different color. :-)
http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC%7C24%7C1%7C156%7C45%7C9%7C%7C&simg=22896_015
They make a practical and cute Christmas gift, too!
So, now you know my opinion on shoes for new walkers and toddlers.
love ya!
P.S. I'm not implying that black isn't for boys... they are. It's just that I've wanted black for my girls for church and nicer functions for quite awhile. They made an adorable Mary Jane moc for awhile (I don't see it today), but they were white and black and I'm a stickler about cream colored outfits not having white shoes.
:-)
Yep...I totally agree with Faithful and GfG. I did the Robeez though BUT in the winter you would need socks under them. HA moccs means you won't need anything else or if you do, it won't matter the sock. (I did use a pair of HA ones that I got from GfG too!) You can wear them forever (either Moccs or Rob). Georgia wore only Robeez for the first two and a half years..and I'm considering getting some again!
:0)
Post a Comment