As sad as I always am to see summer go there are some things that I just love about Fall. One of my favorite things to do as the weather turns cooler (or not) to make is Pumpkin Muffins. I got this recipe from a discussion board I used to belong to and it has become a family favorite. I love to make a batch, put them in baggies in the freezer and then nuke one in the microwave for 30 seconds. They are SO yummy when they're warm (they're yummy regardless) and if they're in the freezer we won't eat the entire batch in one sitting (which can easily be done)! SO..if you decide to try them out, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
Pumpkin Muffins
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup pumpkin (about half of a can)
1/2 cup butter/margarine melted (or to cut out some fat you can sub. 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup applesauce)
1 cup chocolate chips
Pre-heat oven to 350. Mix dry ingredients and set aside. In large bowl beat eggs. Stir in pumpkin, melted butter, and chocolate chips (make sure the butter has cooled so it doesn't melt the chocolate). Slowly add dry ingredients. Spoon into muffin pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. For mini muffins, use mini chocolate chips and bake 15-18 minutes.
You can also substitute other flavors or nuts/seeds for the chocolate chips. I love to do a combo of chocolate and butterscotch chips. YUMMY!
Friday Things #599
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment