Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A new addiction

So I wouldn't call myself someone who has addictive tendencies. But I have a new addiction. For Mother's Day my hubby gave me (and himself) a membership to the gym. Now, I realize this would send most woman on a tirade. A gym membership?!? For Mother's Day?!? Does he WANT to stay married (or alive)?!! But I've been wanting to join the gym for years. Literally. Years. So since we got our nice little stimulus check from Uncle Sam we joined the gym and put the rest away for our vacation in January. Now, I wouldn't call myself an "active" person. At all. But I'm addicted to the gym. Working out gives me such a high. Why didn't anyone tell me this before? That working out makes you feel good? That you have more endorphins, you're happier, the sleep is better, other things are better? Why have you guarded this secret and kept me in misery for the last 20-something years?!?! Ok seriously, I am addicted though. I HAVE to go every day. Sometimes twice. If I don't get to go, I'm not a happy camper. Who woulda thunk? Me? At the gym? Ha! Now, if I could only conquer my chocolate cravings...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you are enjoying it. What a grat addiction to have!

No box yet...i bet it wont' be until next week...=(

cajungal01 said...

YEA YEA YEA! Ok..I wish I was at that point. I need it in every area..especially feeling good and stress reduction.. :0)
YEA FOR YOU!
Where are you going?
~robin