Monday, April 14, 2008

Updates

So, yeah, it's been a while. I'd make excuses and tell you we've been busy but everyone's busy so that's a lousy excuse.

Two weeks ago I started substituting at the school I will start "teaching" at in June. I worked a 40-hour week with three year olds (Thanks to Jenn, Robin and Jenii for keeping Joey for us!) and let me tell you, 18 three year olds can really wear a girl out! I enjoyed it and learned a lot about the school, three year olds (it's been a while!) and Judaica (?sp). I even learned a few words in Hebrew. While I enjoyed working...it sure was an adjustment for us. The house was a disaster if we didn't pick it up every night and I don't think I remember cooking ANYthing for dinner all week. I'm not sure. I pretty much would pick Joey up after school, feed/bathe/bed him and then crash. Although things will be easier when I start full-time since he'll just go with me to school everyday, it will still be an adjustment for us. Please keep us in your prayers.

This past week Joey and I hopped up to Dallas and spent a week with my parents. It was WONDERFUL. I shopped, I rested...I did not cook, I did not clean, I did not worry. It was WONDERFUL. However...I've got it. I knew it was coming. I knew it would happen soon. And last week it hit...baby fever. YUP. It had been building but after spending time with two different cousins who are due soon with baby girls PLUS two friends having baby boys in the last few weeks it finally hit me like a ton of bricks. I want another baby. I miss being pregnant. I miss nursing (A LOT...one thing I wish could have worked out better). I miss having a teensy tinsy sweet little baby. Now...am I going to pounce on my husband the second he gets home? Probably not (did I mention that Joey is EVERYWHERE and totally wearing me out?!?). I'm sure it will still be a while before it's "smart" to think about having another baby. I know I need to work some and build a little nest egg before I can stay home again. But that doesn't mean I'm not going crazy thinking about it! I know that my idea of a "smart" time to have another baby may not line up with His. And I'm ok with that too. Surprises are good. Just don't be shocked if I make a special announcement in the next year or so. Back to my trip...it was wonderful. I really enjoyed spending time with my mom and dad (and brother when he was home) and relaxing. I also got to see friends and family that I hadn't seen in a while.

Now we're back home and back to "regular" (whatever that is) life. Joey is a mess! He's scooting EVERYWHERE (two arms) and pulling himself up on just about anything he can find. I'm a nervous wreck trying to protect him from hurting himself too bad or choking on random whateverness (like the dime he found who knows where today). He doesn't seem to mind...he seems to be ALL BOY. I have some really cute pictures of him from this last week or so. I'll try to come back and add them a little later. We have some fun and exciting things going on. My in-laws will be in town this week, a good friend of mine that I haven't seen in a LONG time will be here this weekend, we're going to a wedding in Kerrville for a wedding this weekend, not to mention it's Fiesta time and ALMOST time for Spurs playoffs. Lots to be excited about!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good to hear from you again! With Daniel as Joey's dad, he has to be ALL BOY.
More babies YAY! We love babies.

Glad all is well and you got to have a little break in dallas with your folks.