So not even two days ago I posted a prayer request for my family's adjustment as I went back to work. Well...you can scratch that one off your list! I QUIT! Yup, before I even started...
Yesterday morning my phone rang and it was a good friend that I hadn't talked to in a while. Long story short...she commutes from San Marcos to San Antonio everyday and is looking for someone to keep her son in an in-home daycare situation. She couldn't find a daycare center that she liked and because her son was a preemie when he was born she was afraid to put him in a center for fear that he'd be sick a lot. So since I'm pretty much on her way to and from work and (to her knowledge) I wasn't working she asked me if I'd like to keep him. After spending all day yesterday making lists and weighing pros and cons Daniel and I decided that it work out better for our family on SO MANY levels for me to stay home and keep Riley. He's just a little older than Joey so I'm sure they'll have tons of fun playing and being boys together. So I went in and subbed today at the pre-school and then turned in my notice. It's kinda weird to quit a job I hadn't even started yet and I felt bad leaving just a month before school starts, but I had to do what's best for the three of us.
So...just as I resigned to having a full-time job in addition to motherhood and had become "ok" with the idea (I liked it but wasn't totally happy about it) the Lord granted the desires of my heart and allowed for me a way to stay home and still help financially. What a burden lifted and a blessing that will be! Thank you for your prayers! :)
Friday Things #599
2 days ago
3 comments:
God is SO good! I'm happy so for you guys! I can only imagine how much of a blessing this is for you! YAYYY!!!
GOD IS SO GREAT!!! So you are keeping A's baby boy! I still have not met him I bet he is just a QT!!! Well I am so glad that God has done this for you. Good luck with it all.
I can't describe how happy I am for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(but maybe those exclamation points will help)
love ya !
Post a Comment