{Insert sono pic here when you finally get the gumption to do it!}
Jacob William Evans
Jake is due to arrive to our family on February 18th. However, due to my previous experiences with preeclampsia with both Joey and Andy we expect to see him much (but hopefully not TOO much) earlier than mid-February.
Many people have asked (or probably wondered) why we decided to find out this time if we were having a boy or a girl. The short answer is that due to my history and the complications surrounding Andy's birth (short version-he was born at 33 weeks, his umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck 3 times, he was born a dark blue color, and they spent more than 7 minutes working on him before he began to breathe on his own. His Apgar scores were 0,1, and 3. Yikes. Now you know what I have had a hard time writing his birth story and it's never published on my blog), we wanted this baby to be named before his birth so that those of you that are pray-ers can pray for him by name. Now, don't get me wrong. Daniel and I believe that God hears our prayers regardless of whether we pray for Jake by name or not. But...as humans I feel that we attach ourselves better to people, babies, whatever if we know their name (you know, like your mom would always tell you not to name that stray puppy so you didn't get attached to him because you weren't allowed to keep him). So, we are asking that you pray for both Jake and I during the remaining weeks of my pregnancy. Please pray that my blood pressure continues to stay where it is (right now it's VERY good) for many, many more weeks. We're hoping to keep Jake "cooking" until sometime in January (34-38 weeks). Also please pray for Jake...that he continues be healthy and to grow (maybe even a tiny bit faster than "normal"!). One of the biggest assets Andy had in his corner when he was born was that he was bigger than "normal" babies his age and his lungs were developed enough since he was so big. Had he, and his lungs, been smaller he would have had many more complications. So far, things are looking really good and we appreciate your continued prayers and thoughts.
So...there you have it. Another boy in the Evans' house. I think I'm going to have to do something drastic around here to even out the testosterone a bit. :o)
1 comment:
Wahoooooo!!! Congrats!
OK, will be praying. I'm glad you found out for all those reasons.
Jacob, can't wait to meet you!
Post a Comment