Friday, February 26, 2010

The Cat's Out of the Bag

Well...this Mama's going back to work. There, I said it. No, I don't really want to and yes, I'd rather stay at home. But I'll be frank (yet somewhat private/vague). We're struggling. Big time. And we have been for a while. We've thought and prayed a lot. And short of selling our house or cars(neither of which would help us out all that much anyway), we've decided this is what we need to do. Daniel and I always make decisions based on what we feel is best for our family. And while I'd rather have my children at home with me everyday, we both really feel that being able to better provide them with basic necessities (and happier, less-stressed parents) is more important at this point.

So..I'm looking for a teaching job. It's a little harder this time around (something about the economy and budget cuts and cutting teacher positions...). Ideally, I'd like to go back to my old school. Right now they're scheduled to lose six positions at that particular school. We'll see. I'm also thinking about getting my Special Ed. certification. That would allow me more job opportunities as I could teach either General or Special Ed and, if I did Special Ed, I could teach at any grade level. In the meantime I'm looking for some kind of tutoring position somewhere that can get us through the summer. My mom has (very graciously) offered to come stay with us and keep the kids until we can find a more permanent child-care arrangement. That puts me at ease a little. I've never wanted my kids in daycare and now, having a preemie, I'm going to be even more picky and where they are and who they're with. Hopefully we can find an in-home situation or an affordable/reliable nanny.

So please join me in prayer. Please pray:
*that I (quickly) find some kind of tutoring position to help ease some of our financial stress
*that I find a teaching position for the Fall in the right place doing the right job (whatever that may be)
*that I pass the Special Ed certification test the first time around
*that after the job situation is settled that we may find just the right person to care for our kids.

Many thanks!

1 comment:

cajungal01 said...

hey you! Where did you work before? Email me...robinthurmond@yahoo.com
:0)