Thursday, June 4, 2009

Rejoice Always

Today I am glad.

*I am glad that today is the last day of school (although not NEARLY as glad as I was two years ago on the last day!). I don't know why this makes me so glad other than the fact that summer is officially here. I am glad.

*I am glad that today is my dad's last full day in Chicago. He's been working there for nearly a year now and making trips home to Dallas every weekend. I am glad that he can go home to be with my mom. I'm glad that he will be there for care for my grandpa in a more hands-on way than he could when he was only home on weekends. I'm VERY glad.

*I am glad that one week from today I'll be leaving for my monthly trip home. For some reason this time it seems LONG overdue. Somehow a month is just too long these days. I am glad.

*I am glad that after three and a half LONG months my house is finally at an acceptable level of clean, my laundry is caught up, I am cooking meals for my family again, and I can stay awake long enough to talk to my husband when he gets home from work. I am VERY glad.

*I'm glad it's summer. (I know I said this already...). Summer brings a lot of celebration in our home. It brings things we love (sun, water, snow cones, trips to the hill country). It brings one of our favorite holidays (fireworks anyone?!?), it brings family reunions, it brings a wedding anniversary, and it brings two very special people's birthdays. It brings some very special memories for the two of us. I am glad.



For these and many other things I am glad today. "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in ALL things give thanks; for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thess 5: 16-18

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I, also, am glad for you. =)