I can't believe it's the middle of December already. It's been almost two months since I've blogged. I'm going to try to get better about keeping up.
A lot has happened in our lives since my last post. One of the biggest events for us lately was about two weeks ago when we baptized Joey. The ceremony was small (just our family and one other) and was held the first Sunday of Advent. As I stood their holding my precious boy in his long white gown (pictures coming soon...) I thought a lot of Mary and what Jesus was like as an infant. Did she spend hours staring at him, waiting for him to smile, coo, sit, crawl, stand, walk, utter those precious words "mama"? I often forget that Jesus is both God AND man. Baffling, but he shared in our humanity. Every last bit of it. As I watch my son it blows my mind. Mary probably watched a lot of the same.
Back to the baptism...it was a very nice ceremony. Joey did really well even as they poured the water over his head. I think after that he realized he was hungry because a few minutes later he started crying and didn't stop until I could feed him later.
Thanksgiving and my birthday both came and went. Joey got to take his first plane trip and met his great-grandpa for the first time. My grandpa loved him from the moment he walked in the door. It was a really special moment for me to watch them together. Hopefully we can take Joey to meet his great-grandmother here in the next few months.
Our family is gearing up for Christmas. The lights are up, the tree is decorated, the gifts are wrapped. Daniel and I had so much fun shopping for Joey. I know he's too young to appreciate or even realize what's going on, but Mommy and Daddy are having so much fun this holiday season!
I think that's about it for tonight. Soon I hope to post video and pictures from the baptism and if I can figure out YouTube I'll like to post the news segment from the NICU as well.
Friday Things #599
2 days ago
2 comments:
Oh, what a darling family photo!! I just love it! I'm so glad you posted.
Sounds like things are going well in your neck of the woods. Yea! I can't wait to see Joey in the baptism gown. Hey, we're 'out' of school for two weeks beginning on the 21. Think you and Joey could make a trip??
We love you. Thanks for celebrating with us about the baby.
KAT! I love the photo! I've never seen your little man and he is absolutely gorgeous! I would love to meet him in person sometime so let me know and maybe I can swing by or something! :0) I am glad all is going well. Enjoy your first Christmas as a Momma!
:0)
~robin
Post a Comment